Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Sienna

Sienna turns 4 today! I can't believe it has been four years since we became parents for the first time. (tear..) I try to reassure Hubby that I won't be "that" mom blubbering in the hall when she goes to school, goes to her first dance, starts driving... but even as I type I know that 16 years from now I'll be telling people "I can't believe my BABY is 20!" with tears in my eyes. Ok, so a while ago I heard the idea of writing a letter to your child every year on their birthday and since I have this blog I thought this would a great place to save it. So, Sienna this is for you...


 Dear Sienna,
Happy Birthday Sweetheart! I wanted to write you a short note to let you know how special you are. We are so proud of the young girl you are becoming. Here are a few things that I just love about you right now: when we cuddle up to read a book and I have to peer over your big bouncy curls and you have to constantly remind me not to put my fingers over the pictures, how you will tell me you love me for no reason as we are doing something simple like getting out of the car, you are always learning and teaching new things to your sister and us, and of course I love that you think if you cover your face that no one can see you as you sneak out of your bed or past "unsuspecting" friends/family. Along with all the sweet things you do I will always love your laugh, hugs, knock knock jokes, original songs and dances and every little piece of you! Your Dad and I know that great things are going to happen in your life and we are excited to watch you grow into a beautiful woman. I hope today was as special as you are. We love everything you are and everything you will become.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday big girl!!! I can't believe I took her photographs when she was only 18 months or so right? It's INCREDIBLE how fast this goes! Enjoy the day sweet girl! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete