Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Living for today

Life is short, God's way of encouraging a bit of focus.  ~Robert Brault

 Over the past couple weeks I have felt out of sync. I couldn't seem to get anything done and the girls and I just couldn't see eye to eye. I finally realized that I was spending way too much time planning for tomorrow, or next week or the weekend and not enjoying the now. At the same time that I came to this realization Sienna came to a crashing halt with coughing, congestion and fever. (She is ok, it's just a nasty sinus infection). For the past few days, all my planning and organizing has been put aside to nurse my little darling back to health:) It's funny how God works. By focusing on the little moments of the now, I'm falling more in love with my family.


Sorry for the sappy post but I use this as journal/baby book and I wanted to get these feelings written:) Anyways, here are a few of the small moments of the week....
Hubby said, "Is this not the cutest thing you've ever seen?" I said "Yea not so much...Madden on the PSP is not really my goal" I guess that's something I will never understand.
Sienna wrote her name for the first time! I was so proud. Even though she needs some practice, she is so anxious to go to school and learn how to write.

When Sienna has a fever she gets really silly and talks a lot. Weird but entertaining... Here are her "fever quotes"
"No I don't want to eat my lunch, I'm just going to sit here and think."
"Mom, I'm going to sing you a song and you and Scarlett are going to dance."
"Touch the wind" will putting her hands up and dancing

Sienna's conversation with the pharmacist:
Pharm: "How are you today?"
S: "I"m bad."
Pharm: "Oh I'm sorry you don't feel good. Here shake my hand and you will feel better."
S: "No! I have germs! My mom says I have germs so I can't touch anyone!"

Haha Baby Bonnet
This little stinker has figured out when she screams we come running. She has been giving us a run for our money at night....on the other hand she can now do the sign for more, is singing a lot (she makes a little "o" with her mouth and sings) and is rolling/scooting all over the place. Crazy little girl!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment